Each school in North Okanagan Shuswap School District has the right to have arepresentative voting member attend the DPAC meetings. The Parent Advisory Council must elect the DPAC Rep voting member, but any interested parent/guardian may attend the meetings.
The DPAC Executive is elected in the month of September, from the DPAC voting members. These positions are held annually. The Executive is able to hold their position for a term of up to three (3) years, if they so desire.
Notice of upcoming meetings and the minutes from previous meetings are sent to the PAC President and/or DPAC rep of each school. Meeting minutes will also be posted on-line.
Examples of what DPAC Supports:
- BCCPAC Fall Regional Conference / BCCPAC Spring AGM
- Local presentations to School District #83 PAC’s Topics include:
- School Planning Councils
- PAC Constitution & By-Laws Review
- Running Effective Meetings PAC/DPAC/BCCPAC Roles
- Treasurer / Gaming 101 Presentation for Parent Education
- Guest Speaker Presentations for Parent Education